Financial Crimes Project Lead
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system. Loved by customers and pop culture, we've consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, Oakland, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, Melbourne, London, Ireland, Spain and Lithuania.
We are looking for a Financial Crimes Project Lead to join Square and support the continued growth of our Cash App Financial Crimes program. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the under-banked by designing and implementing an outstanding financial crimes program, which will help expand the Cash App business while mitigating risk for the company. You will be the primary point of coordination between Financial Crimes and other team members in the development and execution of the Financial Crimes program.
- Be an essential liaison and collaborator with Financial Crimes Technology, Governance, Risk, Corporate Compliance, Project Management, Finance and other partners
- Ensure the financial crimes program follows internal project management methodologies, processes and best practices during the development of programs that impact financial crimes
- Create documentation and tools that establish financial crimes protocols and expectations for project deliverables, streamlined communications, work execution structure and escalation paths
- Develop regular reporting that depicts the ongoing status and health of the financial crimes program, present and emerging risks, and KRIs/KPIs. Present to various audiences, including Senior Leadership
- Lead financial crimes workforce strategy programs as we find balance between internal operations and business process outsourcing
- Refine processes within financial crimes to create alignment, improve quality and increase efficiencies
- 5+ years of relevant financial services regulatory compliance experience (i.e., banking, broker-dealer or investment adviser, consulting)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in project or program management, including planning, tracking and delivery.
- Experience providing consultative guidance to help solve program-level issues.
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
- SQL and/or Excel (can perform complex functions)
- Familiarity with relevant AML laws and regulations and industry best practices
- Experience presenting to senior leadership
- Proven working experience as a Project Manager for a regulated financial services company
- Experience in BSA/AML and/or Fraud related work
- Relevant industry certification(s) (CAMS, CFE, CFCS, CRCM)
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources