Senior Business Intelligence Data Engineer, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 36 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
The BI Team at Cash enables our teams to make impactful business decisions. Our BI Engineers handle everything from data architecture and modeling to data pipeline tooling and dashboarding. As a Senior BI Engineer at Cash App, you will report to the BI Manager and work with Analysts, Data Scientists, Software Engineers, and Product Managers to lay the foundation for analyzing our large, unique dataset. We are an extremely data-driven team - from understanding our customers, managing and operating our business, to informing product development. You will build, curate, document, and manage key datasets and ETLs to increase the impact of the entire team.
- Create brand new and optimize existing data models for the most widely used Cash App events, entities, and processes
- Standardize business and product metric definitions in curated and optimized datasets
- Build pipelines out of our data warehouse
- Teach (and encourage) others to self-serve while building tools that make it simpler and faster for them to do so
- Promote data, analytics, and data model design best practices
- Create dashboards that help our teams understand the performance of the business and help them make decisions
- A graduate degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Engineering, Stats, Physics, or a something comparable
- 3+ years of industry experience building complex, scalable ETLs for a variety of different business and product use cases
- An interest in advancing Cash App's vision of building products for economic empowerment - this should be something that legitimately excites you
Technologies we use and teach:
- SQL (MySQL, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc.)
- Airflow, Looker and Tableau
- Python and Java
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.