Java Developer- Content Platform, TIDAL
- Oslo, Norway
TIDAL is an artist-centric global music and entertainment platform that brings artists and fans closer together through unique original content and exclusive events. Available in 61 countries, the streaming service has more than 70 million songs and 250,000 high-quality videos in its catalog along with original video series, podcasts, thousands of expertly curated playlists and artist discovery via TIDAL Rising. With the commitment of its owners to create a more sustainable model for the music industry, TIDAL is available in premium and HiFi tiers—which includes Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) recordings as well as Sony’s 360 Reality Audio recordings.
As a Java developer at TIDAL, you will have the unique opportunity to work with the latest technology on one of the most sophisticated music streaming platforms. Our technology stack currently includes AWS, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, Postgres, DynamoDB, Kinesis, and Lambda. We constantly evaluate the latest technologies and we have the freedom to choose the right ones to solve the task.
You will be part of our Backend Content Team which is responsible for serving relevant content to our users, emphasizing an advanced search functionality and a rich metadata model. In this role you will have the possibility to imprint your craftsmanship in our product and your work will be seen by millions of users every week.
Some of the tasks you will be challenged with:
- High load and high peaks in traffic
- Work with complex content structure
- Implement new features that improve our clients
- Develop our search engine further
What we are looking for in our new developer:
- You are an experienced Java developer and you are eager to work with the latest Java technologies
- You have knowledge of and are excited about API driven development
- You have experience with microservices
- You need to be fluent in English since it is our company language
- We consider it an advantage if you have experience with search
Who you are:
- You are a self-driven and motivated developer who enjoys working in a team. Your best work is done in collaboration with your team members.
- You are comfortable communicating with others both inside and outside your immediate team
- You are flexible and positive about taking on responsibility, and you think it is important to follow through to deliver results.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development Resources