iOS Developer, TIDAL
- Oslo, Norway
We are looking for developers who are excited about working with one of the most sophisticated and advanced music streaming apps on the iOS platform. You will be able to develop your skills in a variety of disciplines while competing with the biggest names in the industry.
As an iOS Developer at TIDAL you will work in a tight-knit team of individuals who are passionate about technology and creating great user experiences. We focus on teamwork and creativity, and ALL ideas count. Through your work, you will have the possibility to imprint your craftsmanship in our product and your work will be seen by millions of users every day.
You will be part of TIDALs iOS Team, which is responsible for developing and maintaining TIDALs apps for iPhone, iPad, CarPlay, and Apple TV. All the development work is done in Oslo, where we have our developers who work on delivering a music platform of high technical quality to our global user base.
As an iOS developer at TIDAL you will:
- Have a central role in facilitating the growth of TIDAL in one of the most dynamic and competitive sectors within digital music
- Shape the direction of the product through the iOS and tvOS platforms, improve current features and introduce new technologies
- Participate in discussions with international partners to define the future of streaming music
- Develop and implement new features, fix bugs, refactor, do code review, unit testing and continuous integration
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the iOS team, but also with the product team, designers, QA, and backend team
What we are looking for in our new developer:
- A few years of relevant work experience is preferred, but we are also open to hiring smart graduates
- You have strong programming skills in Swift and a good understanding of Objective-C.
- You have experience with Git and pull request based development.
- You have knowledge about the latest technologies and frameworks for iOS application development and you are genuinely interested in keeping up to date with iOS design patterns and iOS app architecture.
- You need to be fluent in English as it is our company language.
We consider it an advantage if you also have:
- Knowledge of Apple's Human Interface Guidelines
- Experience with watchOS or tvOS
- Experience with XCTest frameworks and UITests
- Experience with UIAccessibility
- Experience with open-source projects
Who you are:
You are a self-driven and highly motivated app developer who enjoys working in a team. You have a product mentality and write code that is easy to understand and modify. You have an eye for details in design and like to put in the extra effort to make users love your work. You care about performance and try your utmost to avoid introducing bugs.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development Resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.