Senior Software Engineer, Online Data Storage
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
The Online Data Storage team (ODS) is responsible for OLTP systems within Square. ODS provides and maintains a reliable and secure platform to host databases, both on-premise and in AWS. The team develops tooling to automate the creation and maintenance of databases, and gives application developers tools to better manage their databases.
As an Engineer on ODS, you will:
- Design, build, and own the software and tools to automate the lifecycle of databases.
- Work with other platform teams to develop the infrastructure of Square's database servers.
- Optimize datastore architecture and configurations to improve performance efficiency, for both on-premise and cloud-based production environments.
- Work with other product teams to improve their database usage.
Technologies you will use:
- Amazon RDS
- Amazon ElasticSearch
- 5+ years of strong industry experience developing highly scalable production services.
- 5+ years of experience in the administration, operation, and performance tuning of MySQL, Redis, or Elasticsearch.
- Experience writing software applications in Go.
- Experience with incident response, including disaster recovery.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Ruby or Bash.
- Demonstrated professional skill at engineering support for internal developers.
- Experience working with the AWS platform.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources