Digital Designer, eCommerce
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Square is looking for an experienced and inventive Visual Designer to join our eCommerce marketing design team. This is a hands-on communications design role with a ton of opportunity for impact and influence over the visual language we use in talking about eCommerce products at Square. You'll report to the Art Director for eCommerce and will collaborate directly with multiple partners across design, product marketing, copywriting, engineering and production to push our business, brand and company mission forward.
We're a growing creative team that works to build compelling and informative visual narratives for marketing campaigns, web pages and in-product communications. We work across deliverables including web and mobile experiences, visual design, photography, video, animation and print.
You're conceptual, strategic, kind, can share and sell your ideas, and encourage others to share theirs. You've embraced the uncertainty of these strange times by adapting your design process to flourish in a mostly-remote work environment. You're a graphics generalist that knows what it takes to develop high-quality creative, how to rally people around your ideas, what your strengths are and when to bring in specialists to help. You take ownership of projects from concept through execution, QA, and iteration.
- Advocate for sellers. You'll empathize with the struggles small retailers, restaurants and other businesses face—and make sure the way we communicate with people in those industries is helpful and sincere.
- Propose creative concepts based on product communication needs and customer insights, and support those ideas through hands-on, detailed design and production.
- Develop visual solutions that communicate across cultural, linguistic and geographic boundaries. We're designing work for multilingual audiences in North America and around the world.
- Foster partnerships with program management and a cross-discipline team of designers, writers, product marketers, engineers, and strategists.
- Help shape brand standards and design systems. We're a small team with massive reach. You'll identify opportunities to simplify our way of working and unify our look-and-feel at scale.
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Well-honed eye for typography, color, composition and motion
- A good grasp of interaction design fundamentals (usability, accessibility, information architecture, content development, component systems)
- Expert knowledge of Figma and Photoshop (or comparable alternatives)
- Working knowledge of After Effects, C4D or other motion design tools
- Experience building and modifying websites via CMS, markdown or directly writing code
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.