Senior Software Engineer - Product Velocity, Cash App
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 36 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
As a member of the Product Velocity engineering team, you will be responsible for scaling product development on Cash’s rapidly growing distributed architecture by building core product infrastructure that powers both long-established and cutting edge Cash product features. This includes developing and scaling the protocols and rails by which we sync data to our mobile apps, orchestrate product flows, and deliver rich notifications to our customers across all of their devices.
- Own and scale core product infrastructure with tremendous processing requirements
- Develop primitives that enable and accelerate exciting new product features
- Write well-tested code
- Build incrementally and deploy daily
- Contribute to the broader tech and open source communities
- Boundless curiosity
- Drive to find flaws in a system with many moving parts and take whatever steps are necessary to fix them
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership on previous projects
- Strong track record of learning and teaching as mechanisms to grow as an engineer
- Ability to promote engineering best practices within yourself and your team
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Kotlin, Java
- DataDog, Prometheus, SignalFx
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, Protocol Buffers
- OkHttp, Jetty, JUnit, Guice
- MySQL, DynamoDB
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.