Financial Crimes Emerging Risk Lead, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
You will manage a program designed to identify complex emerging risks related to mobile payments, virtual currencies and aggregate areas of potential exposure within the Cash App product ecosystem. As the Emerging Risk Lead, you will manage a team of experts, leverage data to combat financial crimes risk on the Cash App platform, implement creative measures for investigations, contribute to risk prevention and mitigation strategies, and identify technologies to support your team's workflows. You will report into the Head of Financial Crimes, and together will ensure this program is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations in a dynamic financial services space.
- Develop Cash App's Financial Crimes Emerging Risk Program by using data, metrics, industry trends, regulatory guidance, and other creative capabilities to bridge the gap on emerging areas of financial crimes risk exposure within the Cash App ecosystem as it relates to virtual currencies and peer-to-peer mobile payments
- Liaise between Compliance, Technology, Engineering, Risk and other teams to identify potential areas of vulnerability across all lines of business and jurisdictions
- Oversee a team of Emerging Risk Investigations Analysts, which will include team management, training, hiring, and coaching
- Work with other Compliance Team Leads to drive strategic growth, organizational structure, and quarterly goals
- Work with other Compliance Team Leads to develop technical specifications for tool enhancements or new tool development
- Provide guidance, insight and serve as an escalation point for your team of analysts; make recommendations for suspicious activity reports and other compliance process or control improvements
- 5+ years in AML and Financial Crimes, Compliance or risk roles within a regulated financial institution
- Knowledge of AML regulations, risks, typologies and industry best practices
- Experience building a sound operational program
- Experience summarizing complex data and transforming it into usable reporting
- Knowledge of reporting tools, data query and analysis, or programming
- Experience presenting to senior leadership
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics or equivalent practical experience
- Experience leading a compliance or risk related investigative function in a regulated financial institution
- Relevant industry certification(s) (CAMS, CFE, CFCS, CRCM)
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources