Financial Crimes Quality Control Lead, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
We are looking for a Quality Control (QC) Lead to join Square and support the continued growth of Cash App's Financial Crimes program. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the under-banked by designing and implementing an outstanding financial crimes program to help evolve the Cash App business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and mitigating risk for the company.
You will lead a team of QC Analysts that support the Cash App Financial Crimes program by developing a quality control program that monitors operational execution, identifies areas for improvement, and produces accurate reporting of QC program results.
- Lead a team in the development of a quality control (QC) program that reviews the work performed by Financial Crimes operational teams to help identify potential gaps, inefficiencies and training opportunities
- Accurately document and maintain QC testing results, reports, correspondence and, as applicable, remedial efforts
- Collect and interpret complex data sets, analyze results, and report the results back to Financial Crimes leadership and other team members
- Partner with Financial Crimes Leadership on QC findings, and provide recommendations to improve accuracy, completeness and timeliness of processes based on regulatory guidance and industry best practices
- Develop and maintain QC review processes, forms and procedures.
- Lead QC related meetings, training sessions and the development of training materials
- Work in collaboration with Compliance, Support, Risk, and other stakeholders within Square
- Stay up-to-date with regulatory updates and new requirements, and understand overall impact to daily work
- Achieve productivity by managing team workload volume, staffing, training, and implementing performance standards for QC reviews.
- 5+ years of experience developing or leading regulatory compliance QC programs at financial institutions
- Familiarity with relevant AML laws and regulations and industry best practices
- Knowledge of reporting tools, data query and analysis, or programming
- Experience presenting to senior leadership
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics or equivalent practical experience
- Working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- 5+ years experience in BSA/AML or Fraud related work
- Experience working in the payments industry
- Relevant industry certification(s) (CAMS, CFE, CFCS, CRCM)
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources