Creative Director - Employee Experience
- New York, NY
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
The Cash App Creative team works at the intersection of brand and product to shape and choreograph an exceptional customer experience. We are looking for an exceptional Creative Director to lead the creative vision and visual communication for a rapidly growing employee base. You are energized around developing brand campaigns and narratives that put employees at the center. As a passionate storyteller and hands-on leader, you will partner with our Employee Experience team to drive content development to educate and inspire a global Cash App team around our mission, business and brand.
You will report to the Head of Creative Design and be dedicated to the Employee Experience team, focused on bringing the Cash App ethos and brand inside the organization for employees.
- Drive and own creative direction for internal brand campaigns, priority storytelling moments, learning and development, and in-office experiential design
- Translate business strategy into powerful and purposeful creative that inspires employees and deepens understanding
- Collaborate with peers to establish cohesive brand aesthetics and creative direction across internal and external platforms
- Establish a unique visual identity for employees; create an internal style guide and develop and maintain related resources
- Work side-by-side with writers and the Head of Internal Communications to evolve our organization’s internal platform, including concepting new storytelling possibilities and owning the look and feel of an evolving editorial platform
- Serve as go-to design advisor for extended Employee Experience team, including Learning and Development, Office Experience, HR, Talent and Inclusion & Diversity
- Work with Employee Engagement lead to ensure a cohesive and premium onboarding journey for Cash App teammates
- Set and meet deadlines for various projects; manage creative agencies
- Evaluate trends, assess new data and keep up-to-date with marketing techniques
- 10+ years of creative experience in roles of increasing responsibility
- Experience executing strategic marketing content and global campaigns
- Experience working with a global brand or in an agency with globally diverse clients
- Experience working as part of an internally-focused team (Internal Communications, Employee Experience, People, Strategy, etc.)
- Exceptional graphic design skills
- High aptitude for creative thinking, balanced against bottom-line business needs
- Ability to switch seamlessly between crafting brand-oriented content to inspire and distilling large amounts of complex business ideas to inform
- Experience driving a design strategy and influencing others toward your vision; ability to understand an editorial calendar and develop its visual content across multiple platforms (mobile, intranet, video, long-form features, newsletters, executive presentations, etc.)
- Experience translating established brands into new expressions and spaces
- Ability to evolve strategies and recommendations based on data and trends; regularly incorporate learnings into your creative process and output
- Deep understanding of an evolving digital landscape and passion for exploring new platforms to bring internal editorial to life; experience working in Contentful a plus
- Clear point of view on creative and an openness to new ideas
- Composure in the face of ambiguity and an ability to effectively work with multiple leadership styles
- An action bias and intense desire to solve problems
- Unmatched attention to detail and due diligence
- A bias towards transparency and communication
For consideration, please include your portfolio and/or examples of your work.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.