Senior Product Designer, eCommerce (Store)
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Portland, United States
We are looking for a Product Designer to join the Square Ecommerce team and work on Square Online Store. You will think deeply and strategically, execute high-quality design work, and have the opportunity to create impact for millions of small businesses around the world.
This will include working on challenges a business owner might face while getting started, setting up, launching, and managing all aspects of selling online. Ecommerce is an essential part of Square's ecosystem, and you will drive the product's design and approach on features and services that empower small- and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them.
***For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and any relevant passwords***
We believe in generalists at Square, and our Product Designers take projects from napkin sketches to final visual specifications. Day-to-day responsibilities include: determining strategy and executing on it, balancing short and long-term goals and priorities, developing alignment with cross-functional partners, and presenting work in design critiques and leadership reviews. This is a cross-functional role where you will work with other designers, product editors, analysts and engineers.
- Create ideas and present them to your team to determine strategy and roadmaps
- Question and work with your leadership peers and bring conversations to next steps
- Mentor other designers, provide feedback, and find ways to improve their work
- Guide the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations to bring the team along
- Know when to bypass minor UX testing and lean on your expertise, but also when to propose initiatives to fill in the gaps
- Use existing design systems and standards and work to improve these systems and standards when necessary
- Determine your point of view of what success means for a given initiative
- Take on complicated projects and seek the information you need to move forward
- At least (5-7) years of relevant professional experience
- A portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for with little guidance from leadership
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple high impact projects
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.