Accounting Project Manager
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
We are looking for a Project Manager to join the Accounting team. You will manage various work streams including merger and acquisition integrations, transitions to new accounting systems or tools, and the operationalization of new legal entities as Square grows both domestically and internationally. As a newly created role, you will shape its future scope and evolution within our Accounting organization with the potential to build a team in the future. You will report directly to the Accounting Operations Lead based in San Francisco.
- Work with our Corporate Development team to understand Square's acquisition pipeline and manage any accounting-related integration work streams;
- Assist our Accounting team in operationalizing new entities by coordinating the creation and testing of subledgers and other financial systems such as Blackline;
- Align newly acquired entities to Square's financial close calendar and accounting policies;
- Plan how acquired entities will transition from their existing financial systems to Square's (i.e., Oracle Cloud);
- Help establish roles and responsibilities between our teams--both existing and newly acquired;
- Create and meet accounting-related project plans to ensure delivery;
- Assist our Accounting team in documenting our requirements as new projects are scoped and launched;
- Identify high risk areas through diligence work and support remediation efforts;
- Strategize with our Accounting leadership on project prioritization and road maps;
- Collaborate across Square's Finance Business Systems, Tax, Finance & Strategy, and Treasury teams.
- 6 or more years of experience in accounting with project management responsibilities (i.e., accounting operations, internal audit);
- A clear understanding of end-to-end accounting processes, specifically around the monthly close process;
- The ability to lead without authority
- Experience with mergers and acquisition integrations, or launching operations for new entities/teams;
- Experience with high growth and its impact on processes and systems;
- The ability to work independently and resolve problems;
- Experience developing scalable and SOX compliant processes;
- Managed multiple projects simultaneously;
- Experience with large multinational ERP systems;
- A passion for Square and small businesses.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.