Android Engineer, Payment Products
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Our team, Payment Products Mobile Squad, works with the sellers who need Square the most: small businesses who depend on us to ease the burden of their payment processing. These sellers make up a substantial portion of Square's revenue, giving us a very powerful lever to contribute significantly to our overall performance as a company.
You’ll need to…
- Be proficient in Java and/or Kotlin for development (we use both).
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels – from networking up to user interfaces and whatever’s in between.
- Build high availability and highly resilient systems which can accept and report payments no matter the network or device conditions.
- Collaborate with iOS, Android, and Server engineers to ship features.
- Work with product managers and designers to refine and define product scope and design.
- Respond to customer feedback to improve our products.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.