Java Engineer (Search), TIDAL
- Oslo, Norway
TIDAL is a global music and entertainment streaming platform committed to creating a deeper connection between artists and fans through its library of more than 70 million songs, over 250,000 high quality videos, and available in over 60 countries. In addition, TIDAL offers its subscribers exclusive access to high-profile music and music videos, original content series, podcasts, documentaries, livestream concerts, tickets, merchandise and live experiences. Together, TIDAL and Square will be music-obsessed and artist-focused while we explore new artist tools, listener experiences, and access to financial systems that help artists be successful.
At TIDAL we are passionate about using the latest technology to deliver a music platform of high technical quality to our global user base. We are growing fast and therefore looking for a Java Engineer who is passionate about technology and excited about getting people aligned towards reaching the same goal.
We work in a fast-paced environment with people who are enthusiastic about tech, music and design. The core of the company lies in its content. TIDAL aims to significantly rework its content search. The position will be an opportunity to take part in research and development of advanced search features such as personalization and contextualization.
TIDAL has a modern application stack that provides an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology solutions.
Some of your tasks as Java Engineer (Search) at TIDAL:
- Develop and maintain search and search indexing related services.
- Involved in search features such as personalization to implement contextual or user personalization features
- Developing the service infrastructure that provides the customer facing content search.
- Working in a microservices based, high volume, distributed system.
- Provide content analysis systems related to search.
- Search relevance engineering to implement relevance improvements
What we are looking for in our new Java Engineer (Search):
- Passion for solving problems involving large data-sets and optimization. And hence, refining the search experience for end users.
- Curious to use advanced and sophisticated algorithms from Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Solid SWE engineer experience in the Java stack
- Experience working with search relevance and ranking algorithms
- Understanding of Algorithms, Search, Big Data Analytics is a strong plus.
- Experience with AWS services is a strong plus.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development Resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.