Sales Development Manager
- Atlanta, GA
Square is looking for a passionate manager to develop and manage our BDR team. Your main focus will be ensuring your team is delivering a repeatable and profitable pipeline and developing the future of Sales at Square. These two goals are crucial in scaling the sales organization and providing a predictable revenue and profit stream. You will measure BDR performance by profit pipeline sourced and closed, monitor and coach daily activity inputs such as calls and emails, and work with Sales leadership to ensure upmarket profitable BDR opportunities are closing. Your entrepreneurship will be a valuable contribution to developing Square's sales strategy, increasing the size and influence of the team and establishing a culture of crisp execution. You will report directly to our Head of Sales Development.
- Manage a team of BDRs
- Provide daily coaching and professional development, including weekly 1:1 meetings, weekly shadow sessions, and routine co-selling Understand the nuances between our ideal customer profile segments
- Continue to grow the team through recruiting, onboarding, and training new BDRs
- Promote strategic projects across BDR to increase profit contribution
- Improve the BDR program locally across all our KPIs and deliver ROI
- Track and communicate weekly goals to team to promote performance weekly
- Become an essential part of Sales Leadership at Square
- 2+ years of experience in a sales closing role or 1+ years of experience managing a sales development or sales team
- Experience problem-solving and trying new ideas and concepts
- Undeniable passion for Square & Square Sales specifically
- Ability, knowledge, and hunger to step in as player-coach daily that includes tactical management of reps, outbound calls and shadows, and knowledge in SFDC operations
- Background of hiring, training, and enabling reps for success
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.