Sr Art Director, Restaurants
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
Square is looking for an experienced and passionate Sr Art Director to join our product marketing team. You will collaborate with multiple partners across design, copywriting, production and product marketing to guide our business, brand and company mission forward.
This is a hands-on creative leadership role with tremendous opportunity to influence one of our most important products, Square for Restaurants. You will be at the heart of co-creating on-strategy ideas and bringing them to life. You will lead projects from concept through hands-on execution, QA, and iteration. We work across the latest platforms, covering web and mobile experiences, visual design, experiential installations, photography, video, and animation.
You’re conceptual, strategic, kind, can share and sell your ideas, and encourage others to share theirs. You sweat the smallest details, understand what it takes to develop great creative work, excel in cross-discipline collaboration, and have a passion for inspiring team members.
You will be a part of a multidisciplinary team of creatives dedicated to bringing the Square brand and products to market in inspiring ways. We do this through strategy, ideation, experimentation and execution pertaining to all touchpoints of the marketing funnel, including campaigns, photoshoots, print, digital ads, social media, performance marketing, product tutorials, online and offline collateral and much more. We work closely with product and marketing teams and have a collective passion toward food, hospitality, community and economic empowerment.
- Direct and design concepts, assets, and visual treatments across different media and marketing channels
- Partner with key stakeholders to lead the internal creative process and promote accountability for creative delivery
- Translate brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts
- Use customer and industry data to inspire creative concepts and collaborate with strategists to validate
- Foster partnerships with program management and a cross-discipline team of designers, writers, product marketers and channel partners
- Manage and help grow a small team of designers at various levels
- Champion brand standards and design systems
- Motivate and encourage the team to ensure the work is the best it can be, maintaining a high level of creative execution
- Work with partners across Square to maintain an integrated brand experience
- Play a participatory and influential role in driving the Square design community forward
- 8+ years of relevant experience, 3+ in senior role
- A portfolio that shows experience launching complex integrated campaigns
- Have led and art directed photography and video shoots
- Experience pushing a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- An ability to define and build brands
- Advanced design skills that cover multiple creative projects
- Great understanding of the formal elements of design including color, typography, and layout
- Fluency in Figma and Photoshop
- Understand performance-based marketing strategies
- Familiarity with new and traditional brand channels and media
- Understand the possibilities and limitations of web design with accessibility as a major objective
- Experience partnering with teams of designers, copywriters, program managers and product marketers
- A positive attitude with an open mindset
- A passion for storytelling and food culture
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.