Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a smartphone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Terminal, Square Appointments, Square Online Store, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst supports the planning and design of tests for Square's Point of Sale systems. The Quality Assurance Analyst will work with product, engineering, support and other QA teams to build and validate test cases based on requirements. Our team reports to the Developer Empowerment organization which ensures software development at Square is not only fast and efficient, but delightful. Developer Empowerment focuses on all stages of development starting from frameworks and shared services, build and CI, testing, quality and release (for mobile) to operation.
- You will review PRDs, functional and design specifications
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports
- Write create concise test plans/cases
- Hold and organize test plan and case reviews with team members
- Perform testing on different Mobile OS, including hardware and peripherals
- Create test plans from specifications or verbal communications
- Work with external QA to ensure tests are performed
- Work with Release Managers to certify a release
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science or related
- 6+ years of relevant QA technical experience
- 3+ years of mobile testing software
- Mobile device testing on iOS and Android including phones and tablets
- Hardware testing experience
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development environment
- Experience working as a liaison with Product teams, Engineering teams, and other QA teams
- Experience in schedule and project management
- A record of supervising work with multiple product teams.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, qualifications, professional competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.