Software Automation Lead
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a smartphone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Terminal, Square Appointments, Square Online Store, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Software QA Automation Lead oversees the planning and development, including management of the road-map, of automated test suites for the Point of Sale system. The automation lead will work with automation engineers, quality organization, product & engineering teams to plan for automated solutions, including working with Square hardware, to execute and validate against every build. The automation engineer is also responsible for creating smoke, regression and feature test suites. The Automation QA Lead will work with product, engineering, support and other QA teams. This team reports to the Developer Empowerment organization which ensures software development at Square is not only fast and efficient, but delightful.
- You will review PRDs, functional and design specifications
- Lead automation engineering team, come up with and accomplish road-map
- Work with automation engineers to develop automated test suites for our features
- Integrate with CI systems
- Parallelize test execution, including execution in device cloud
- Work with QA & Release Managers to certify a release
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience leading automation team, including building road-maps
- 8+ years of automation experience with at at least 5+ years of experience in mobile automation
- Experience in code/scripting language such as Python or Ruby or Java
- Experience working with CI systems
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development environment
- Experience creating clear and concise test suites
- Liaison with Product teams, Engineering teams, and QA teams
- A record of supervising work across multiple product teams
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, qualifications, professional competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.