Senior Product Marketing Manager, Business Banking
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Our mission is simple: we want to help people everywhere start, run and grow a business. We're a fast-moving global fintech company building the tools entrepreneurs need to simplify and improved their business. Square's powerful ecosystem of tools includes everything from accepting card payments and invoicing to e-commerce, data reporting, loyalty programs and managing inventory, locations or customers.
The Product Marketing team at Square ensures that the right customers are getting the right message through the right channels, and represents the customer's voice in product strategy decisions. As the first Canada-based PMM for the financial services team, you'll champion the voice of the customer when developing and marketing our products - identifying which customer segments Square Canada can serve, understanding these sellers' needs, and using these insights to influence Square's product roadmap. You'll have understanding of product strategy, branding, full-funnel integrated marketing strategy and sales enablement, and a track record of cross-functional coordination. You will partner with Product, Creative, Engineering, Central Marketing, Communications, and Sales globally and in Canada to lead marketing for our financial services products in Canada. You will report to a Product Marketing Lead in San Francisco, and can be based anywhere in Canada and work from home, or our Toronto office.
- Drive go-to-market strategies - including targeting, segmentation, product positioning, value propositions, messaging, and lifecycle campaigns - across the customer journey to convert, grow, and retain our customers
- Partner with CA Marketing and agencies to develop marketing campaign strategies and tactics across paid/owned/earned channels, inclusive of brief development and deployment, creative development, media plans, budget development and measurement/analysis.
- Have deep empathy for our customers' pain points and needs through qualitative and quantitative research (surveys, interviews, and product usage), and develop solutions to meet those needs.
- Ensure that the voice of the customer is always represented in every customer product and marketing experience
- Work with global product managers, engineers, designers, data scientists, and other team leads to identify impactful product opportunities, prioritize efforts and share insights on the Canadian market
- Review competitive offerings and promote ongoing differentiation in our marketing and products
- Oversee the metrics - be comfortable tracking and reporting out on goals, measuring performance, and identifying optimization opportunities
- Partner with Sales, Account Management, and Customer Success to create a holistic approach to sales training and enablement, onboarding, and ongoing customer engagement
- Work with designers and copywriters to develop compelling and unique marketing collateral across channels
- Ensure product releases are launched with appropriate localization and messaging for Canada
- A BA/BS/BBA/BComm degree or equivalent practical experience. MBA a plus
- 8+ years professional experience
- 5+ years working in product marketing
- Experience working in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar go-to-market positions in the Canadian market
- Experience designing go-to-market strategies for product launches, and conducting customer insights research
- Background in B2C (or small B2B) marketing, with experience delivering growth in consumer tech or small to medium business tech
- Experience in growth or lifecycle marketing by email, in-product, content marketing, and other owned/ earned channels
- Passion for Square and desire to help Square Sellers in Canada succeed
- Experience in FinTech, financial services, and marketing to small businesses
- Experience using data visualization tools (ie. Looker), CMS (ie. Contentful) and Google Analytics and Search Console
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.