Design Program Manager, Design Systems - Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
We believe everyone should be able to participate and succeed in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We are growing our Design Operations team at Cash App! The Design Program Manager (DPM) for Design Systems will focus on driving the adoption and scaling of our design systems to ensure the design team is integrated and effective as we rapidly grow. As DPM, you will focus on driving comprehension and usage of our systems, and partner closely with both design and engineering to continue to develop our world class design systems. This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of creativity and technology while fostering an inclusive + adaptable design community.
Reporting to the Head of Design Operations, this role will drive impact for our entire design team by implementing strong processes to support the day-to-day operations of the systems team. You are the glue between several important, innovative teams as you partner closely with Design leadership + team members to build new solutions for scaling.
- Partner closely with your Design Systems leadership + team to define, scope and track complex program priorities, set resourcing needs + manage dependencies end-to-end
- Set and own the successful operating model for how Design, Research, Writing, PM + Eng partners work together within your program
- Lead teams and stakeholders through deadlines + deliverables; be the source of truth for status, clarity
- Help drive Design Systems roadmap, including goals, milestones, and infrastructure needs as the team grows
- Facilitate and drive progress of the work based on larger product and design goals + objectives; establish efficient and effective engagement models within your program
- Drive clarity and transparency for your program’s work; proactively track action items and plan work/ next steps within active timelines + roadmaps; effectively communicate milestones, action items
- Proactively assess and de-escalate risks; work closely with Design Systems Manager to problem solve when larger needs arise
- Manage resources and budgets within your program(s); partner with Head of Design Operations to forecast total budgets and proactively resource for your program(s) needs
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with your primary stakeholders across Design, Writing, Research; as well as cross-functional peers in Marketing, PM, Eng + People Operations
- Within Design Operations function, share working frameworks + models of operating back with the team to drive larger org-wide adoption
- 5+ years experience in program management, project management and/or producing
- Proficiency in program management + stakeholder management, especially user centered design processes + iterative development processes
- Experience working with Design Systems and evangelizing adoption of systems to teams / cross-functional partners
- Deep passion for building + scaling Design organizations and communities
- Knowledge of inner-workings of Product, Design and Engineering teams
- Experience working with design, creative and prototyping tooling; familiarity with using GitHub, Jira + Amplitude
- Working knowledge of common project management tools (Notion, Airtable, G Suite, etc.)
- Effective, clear and proactive communicator
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative in problem solving on multiple concurrent workstreams
- Not afraid to get hands dirty, dive right into the work (big or small), and bring calm to the chaos
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.