Product Manager, International Payments Product
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
The Payments Product team manages Square's flagship payments product. Our customers love us because we made it possible for any seller to take a credit card payment quickly and easily. Our team loves working on Payments because our product drives awareness of the Square brand, it is Square's first touchpoint with most of our sellers, and our business' economics help fuel the broader Square ecosystem. We are stewards of Square's largest product, and while we have already helped millions of sellers take their first payment with Square, new businesses form every day. These sellers have evolving needs and expectations, and it is our job to understand who they are and how we can best help them. We do this through partnership with many other teams including those who build the hardware, maintain Square's payments infrastructure, and protect our sellers from fraud.
We are looking for a Product Manager to oversee all of our International geos as part of this core Payments team. As a PM for this team, you will guide impact for the broad range of businesses in Canada, Japan, Australia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and our new markets, all using our products to take payments for their business.
You will define the product strategy, coordinate and complete core payment projects, and optimize our customers' experiences to drive growth. Our approach at Square is both customer-focused and data-driven. So you will need to dig in to understand our customers and their needs, define data, and guide our outstanding team to move fast and ship remarkable solutions.
In this role, you will also work with designers, engineers, analysts, marketers, and other team members within the organization to ensure that our product reaches customers and provides a remarkable, delightful experience. If you're looking to grow the flagship product and foundational payment experience at Square, you will find this role compelling and rewarding.
- Build the international backlog, experimentation process, and strategic vision
- Learn the jobs-to-be-done of our sellers outside of the US through user research, and champion their needs within Square
- Guide the product roadmap and build remarkable experiences for our sellers and grow the business
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Square to align intent, resources, and prioritization
- Operate cross-functionally and build partnerships across the company in delivering excellent products
- Foster an environment that enables the team to execute quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality
- Manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning, execution and launch
- 5+ years of experience in product management, with products across multiple platforms and countries
- Collaborative: you will work with partners across the entire company to achieve strategic results
- Customer-centric: you have customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Analytical: you are comfortable with using quantitative data to make product decisions
- Execution-oriented: you have the execution skills for a developing environment (bonus points if you've worked in FinTech!)
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.