Global Brand Insights Lead
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Insights Lead to join the Square Global Brand Marketing team. You will connect Square with the sellers and buyers we serve. You will help us make smart, well-informed decisions to attract new sellers and keep existing sellers loyal— and by doing so, support our growth. This is an exciting time for the Square brand and for Brand Insights as we are setting our brand strategy and recrafting our brand positioning. You will have empathy and interest in people, with thoughtfulness and experience in multiple research methods.
Along with your resumé, we'd love to hear about a recent project you've worked on. We'll leave it up to you on what format you'd like to share it in!
Reporting to the Brand Strategy & Insights Lead, you will lead a team of researchers to:
- Execute research projects to support brand strategy and marketing on several areas, including brand health, audience segmentation, customer experience, and marketing communications
- Work with Brand team members and cross-functional partners to understand research goals, establish methodologies, lead research from project design through synthesis, and turn insights into actionable recommendations
- Measure brand and product awareness, perceptions, satisfaction, NPS and other metrics globally on an ongoing basis to identify opportunities and risks for the business
- Support marketing with creative testing, message testing, and campaign effectiveness tracking
- Use internal tools to conduct research directly and partner with external research agencies to oversee their execution of our research
- Champion the customer perspective and customer empathy across Square
- Partner with Brand Strategy and other brand team members to develop our strategic roadmap and ensure all marketing initiatives are grounded in customer insights
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience leading research projects in a corporate setting or at a research agency
- 2+ years of experience leading and developing people
- Experience managing research engagements in the areas of measurement, segmentation, attitudes and ad hoc custom research
- Expertise using quantitative methods for market research and measurement (e.g., brand tracking, segmentation, NPS/customer satisfaction, concept testing, campaign measurement, market sizing, pricing, syndicated data analysis).
- Direct experience conducting survey research end-to-end including questionnaire development, programming, sample management, data weighting, analysis, and reporting
- Familiarity with statistical techniques (regression analysis, coefficient correlation); direct analysis expertise is not required but a plus
- Experience designing and leading qualitative fieldwork using a range of techniques (e.g., in-depth interviews, focus groups, ethnographies, digital diaries)
- A willingness to get hands-on and personally recruit participants
- Experience translating research data and findings into actionable insights and strategies
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.