Senior Android Software Engineer - Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 36 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
As part of the Cash Mobile engineering team you'll work with world-class designers and a visionary product team to build the future of financial services. You'll build and maintain new features used by millions of people and will collaborate closely with iOS and Server Engineers to move fast and with purpose.
- Autonomously build end-to-end features for the app. Choose your technology and own your future
- Refine the experience. We're always trying to achieve more output with less
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Build the tools you use. We are always on the lookout for technology that gives us superpowers
- Have a meaningful impact on the future of the Cash product
- A passion for product development and seeing results
- A knack for creating readable, pragmatic code
- An appreciation of simple, practical solutions
- Eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others
Technologies we use and teach:
- Protocol buffers
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.