M&A Tax Manager
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Square is looking for a M&A Tax/ US Income Tax Planning manager to join its growing tax team. You will report to our Tax Consulting/M&A Tax Lead and will help manage Square's global M&A, Investments, Post-Closing Integration/Compliance activities.
- Be part of a team that works with collaborators and members of the tax department to assist tax aspects of acquisitions, dispositions, investments, and post-closing integration.
- Help with tax aspects of Mergers&Acquisitions/structuring activity including collaboration with outside advisors, multiple company partners, and other members of the tax team.
- Work with tax compliance personnel to assure transaction tax planning, M&A integration, and other tax technical matters are addressed in the prepared tax returns and documented.
- Perform quantitative analysis (e.g. section 382/383 analysis, stock basis computation, other transaction related computations) and modelling with respect to special tax projects.
- Research and document complex tax issues in order to provide technical advice to internal stakeholders (e.g. HR, Treasury, Legal, Corporate Development, Accounting)
- Create technical tax memoranda documenting the Company's tax filing positions and tax planning strategies.
- Assist with other special/technical tax projects, including non-M&A related matters.
- At least 6+ years of relevant experience in M&A tax including complex federal income tax planning and tax research experience at a Big Four accounting firm, law firm or a large multinational corporate environment;
- Knowledge of US federal income tax (e.g. subchapter C and consolidated return regulations);
- Excellent tax research skills;
- Experience working in a dynamic, that is and collaborative.
- Project management skills and enjoy working on multiple projects at any given time
- with ownership of your function.
- Demonstrates hands-on willingness to accept challenging projects outside areas of experience or comfort.
- Fundamental working knowledge of all or essentially all non-income based federal, state and local, US international, and foreign tax regimes.
- Experience with taxation of financial products and tax information reporting.
- CPA/MS Taxation or JD/LLM in Tax.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.