- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
The Brand Strategist is an essential role on our Brand Strategy & Insights team. You will develop and work with teams to implement strategies and concepts that inform key product campaigns. You will also contribute to the brand strategy, and partner with the Brand Strategy team to bring campaigns, programs and partnerships to life. As a part of the Brand Strategy unit, you will be a steward of the brand, promoting the brand positioning.
We are looking for a strategic, creative and motivated Marketing Strategist. You will help define how our brand positioning and strategy translates across a range of dimensions globally— messaging and creative, tone of voice, naming, design, media, and experience.
- Provide strategic guidance and help guide communication planning to develop integrated marketing campaigns for key product solutions.
- Author briefs, create messaging frameworks, identify breakthrough applications for creative, and help facilitate the creative process.
- Brainstorm concepts and tactics that help the brand stand out.
- Ensure that brand positioning is considered across all campaign work and brand-led programs.
- Work with Square's Marketing, Product and Creative teams to educate them on our brand position and ensure that our values and promise are reflected across our products, design, content and creative.
- Work with office experience and our teams to help bring the Square brand to life internally across our office spaces, and ensure that all Squares understand our brand's position and values, and celebrate the story we're telling to the world.
- Use your taste and cultural observations to inform the work and keep the brand on the front-end of culture.
- Research industry, marketing and cultural trends to author reports that keeps Square at the forefront of the marketplace.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in brand strategy, marketing or advertising
- Experience interpreting and applying insights from marketing and brand analytics
- Experience in analysis and creative thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient at building presentations from scratch using a variety of programs including Google Docs, Keynote and PowerPoint
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.