Service Designer, Financial Services
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Toronto, Canada
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We are looking for a passionate customer advocate who is motivated by complex problems. Our mission is to provide small businesses and their employees outstanding tools to make running a business simple by applying automation and a seamless user-experience. Our teams are focused on creating scalable solutions to our internal workflows and tools. We're a foundational and growing part of the Square ecosystem and are using our position to build products and features that are beyond the capabilities of our competitors.
This is a high impact role and we're looking for someone to own design execution for essential aspects of our Financial Services team—including services like Risk and Payroll. You'll be directly responsible for decisions that improve our systems, tooling, and roadmap. You'd be able to guide the design and approach that will empower our internal employees and result in a better experience for small- and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them. You will report into a design team that works alongside product managers, analysts, and engineers.
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- A portfolio of work on which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership
- Experience in service design (Systems Design, UX/UI Design, Organizational Design)
- You find opportunities to improve systems and processes to create more value in our business and our customer experience
- You facilitate workshops, conduct research, and work cross-functionally to create a collective understanding of our tools, systems and services
- You create elegant and clear journey maps, service blueprints, and documentation of systems
- You are an advocate for the customer and approach problems with an experience mindset
- You create professional, well-thought-out designs using established design systems
- You establish UX metrics such as task analysis, NPS and survey data to quantify opportunities
- You always think about how your work fits into our full ecosystem during all phases of the design process
- You seek feedback from outside of your team to solve problems
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.