Senior Data Analyst, Financial Crimes
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 36 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
The Financial Crimes Technology team at Square finds and reports financial crimes activity across Square products including Cash App and Seller tools. We work globally with partners in business, engineering, counsel and product to guarantee we are providing a safe user experience for our customers while minimizing or eliminating bad activity on our platform.
As a Senior Data Analyst on the Financial Crimes Technology team, you will report to the Financial Crimes Technology - Machine Learning and Analytics lead. You will work with Compliance Operations, Product and Engineering to design, build, and test financial crimes pipelines; build Looker dashboards that support compliance, and product teams; and develop data pipelines to support early detection and alerting of illegal and suspicious activity. You're an expert in analytics and designing powerful data visualizations, but can also create compelling narratives for the stories that your data empowers.
- Work with non-technical partners and product teams to understand their needs and come up with an automated end-to-end solution.
- Translate business requirements into applicable data requirements.
- Use SQL, Looker, and other tools for ad-hoc analytical projects which will power real-time and long-term solutions for business problems
- Become an expert on Square's reporting platforms for development and visualization.
- Maintain security and data access models within Square's reporting platforms and identify ways to improve existing processes.
- BS in Computer Science or quantitative fields like Economics, Statistics, Financial Engineering etc with 4+ years experience in a relevant area (or Masters Degree & 2+ years).
- Ability to design, develop and manage ETL pipelines
- High proficiency in SQL and one or more data visualization tool like Looker or Tableau; Airflow and Git familiarity is a plus
- The ability to decompose unstructured questions and power projects and analytical tasks to completion
- Familiarity with schema design, query optimization, and data pipeline maintenance. Snowflake, BigQuery, MySQL or similar data handling experience.
- Experience with financial crimes compliance systems, technologies and processes, especially AML transaction monitoring typologies and rules is a big plus
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.