Data Engineer, TIDAL
- New York, NY, USA
We are in search of a Data Engineer who loves to take huge chunks of data, transform it to facilitate analytics and customer understanding. In this role, you will work with business teams to translate operational requirements into secure tech solutions.
Our stack currently includes AWS, Spark, Redshift, Postgres, Airflow, Tableau, and Databricks. We constantly evaluate the latest technologies and we have the freedom to choose the right ones to solve the task.
This role will become an integral part of TIDAL and will develop secure BI solutions. Those solutions will help bring to light actionable insights to improve business decisions and provide better experiences for our customers.
As a Data Engineer at TIDAL you will:
- Develop ETL jobs using pySpark on Databricks
- Serve as a liaison between the Analytics team and Integration teams to serve data in a way that fulfills analytics requirements
- Work closely with other teams such as Analytics, Finance, Product, Retention, and Growth to gather specifications and provide them with relevant prepared data
- Automate report distribution to partners in the music industry, tech integrations, and carriers
- Build tech integrations between 3rd party tracking systems and internal databases
- Respond to ad hoc data requests and troubleshoot data issues
- Maintain and enforce role-based security to ensure that data is secure and only accessed by approved employees
- Work closely with stakeholders on the marketing team to enhance and maintain data flow, reporting, and event/user tracking on Adjust, Braze, and other platforms in the marketing tech stack
What you need to succeed in this role:
- 4+ years of data engineer experience in a successful data engineering or business intelligence team with experience with data warehouse architecture and hands-on experience of data modeling design, ETL pipeline implementation using SQL and Python, and building reports with Tableau, or similar BI visualization tools.
- Strong experience in cloud-based computing services and data warehouses such as Redshift or similar
- Excellent communication skills and ability to understand complex business systems
Who you are:
- You know how to work with high-volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as AWS Redshift Spectrum and RDS.
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You appreciate agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of partnership within teams
- You are prepared to have frequent business trips to Oslo
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.