Governance Risk & Compliance Program Manager
- San Francisco, CA
You will support Square's Compliance Risk Analysis and Controls (RAC) function, which is part of the Compliance Governance team. This team provides comprehensive management of compliance risk assessments, customer risk programs, issue management, regulatory examinations, and audits for Square across all markets. Reporting to the RAC Lead, you will develop a Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC) program and oversee related GRC tools to support the program. You will support Square's compliance vision by working together with other compliance and counsel colleagues to shape the GRC program.
- Manage Compliance's enterprise GRC program, including development of the GRC strategy and overseeing tool implementation.
- Partner with stakeholders to obtain and understand requirements, conduct fit analysis, and analyze options and designs for user experience.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure successful adoption of GRC strategy and tool implementation.
- Work with vendors for GRC tool selection, implementation, and ongoing support.
- Train partners in the proper use of GRC tools.
- Extract meaningful insights from large amounts of data and present them in a digestible format.
- Analyze complex GRC topics and provide essential messages to audiences such as boards of directors, executives, and senior managers.
- Work within a complex and evolving environment, to improve delivery of solutions while affecting cultural change.
- Support the Compliance Governance group in special projects.
- 4-year undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in financial services compliance management with responsibilities for GRC
- 4+ years of program management, with experience in affecting technology decisions
- Experience in a hands-on technical role, with basic understanding of software implementation and integration
- Experience with data analytics and visualization platforms (e.g. Databases, Tableau, Looker, or other querying methods)
- Knowledge of at least one of the following subject matter areas: anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions, consumer compliance, or payments
- Contribute to the development of new compliance programs, strategies, or work processes
- Support the end-to-end implementation of assigned action plans
- Build relationships and credibility with business leads, external partners, and regulators through collaborative and independent programs
- Experience managing competing efforts and requirements
- Industry certifications (e.g. CAMS, CRCM, CFE)
- Knowledge in more than one of the subject matter areas listed above
- Experience with GRC tools (e.g. RSA Archer, SAI Global, ZenGRC, Resolver)
- Experience with cryptoassets or other decentralized financial technology
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.