Legal Process Specialist
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: St. Louis, United States
Our Civil Process and Tax Operations (CPTO) team processes claims to customer funds received from third parties. As a Legal Process Specialist, you are a crucial member of our team, ensuring compliance with legal requests including garnishments, levies, liens and information subpoenas received from creditors and taxing authorities.
- Examine garnishments, levies, liens and information subpoenas to ensure accuracy, completeness and legal sufficiency.
- Review account files to determine whether any customer accounts on Square's platform are implicated.
- Restrain and release funds held in accounts.
- Prepare response documents and submit responses to third parties according to established timelines and legal requirements.
- Communicate with customers, creditors, taxing authorities, attorneys and officers of the court.
- Maintain a tracking system and provide details supporting actions taken in the event of escalations
- AA, BA/BS degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 2 or more years experience in lien, levy or garnishment processing, with a focus on process optimization.
- The ability to work with other teams and external partners on tool improvements.
- The ability to remain highly organized when faced with contending priorities.
- The ability to communicate effectively with outside entities.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Expert knowledge in Google Suite and Apple computers.
- You consistently go above and beyond what is expected.
- A passion for Square and its customers.
- You have experience with garnishments, either issuing them in a collections context (e.g., paralegal) or processing them on behalf of a bank or other financial services company.
- You have experience or demonstrated understanding in analyzing complex financial instruments.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.