Senior Cloud Applications Engineer
- Atlanta, GA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Toronto, Canada
At Square, IT is building an excellent platform of services. Our goal is to choose the best tools available to allow Squares to collaborate. Our customers constitute a diverse and geographically distributed workforce, and so our service platform must be adaptable and available wherever it's needed.
As a Senior Cloud Application Engineer, you will be the cloud architect for the SaaS tools in our service platform and report to our Head of Enterprise Platform Engineering. You will work with customers to identify their SaaS needs and ensure their experience on our cloud platforms are smooth and productive. Engaging vendors, you will help keep Square aligned with best-practices and the latest features.
- Evaluate our ecosystem of SaaS platforms and build a strategic roadmap aimed at enhancing business productivity while reducing SaaS tools overlap.
- Build a platform of cloud-based offerings ensuring Square IT provides best-in-class services to its customers.
- Participate in the M&A process, integrating acquired companies into Square's ecosystem of SaaS platforms.
- Provide guidance and implementation on best in class automation between the SaaS platforms.
- Build deeper integration between services and create scalable automation by leveraging APIs or writing new code.
- Work with teams across Square to identify productivity needs and help pair them with solutions.
- Operate and build partnerships with teams throughout Square to build remarkable solutions
- Mentor members of the CAE team on best practices for automation and SaaS integrations.
- 8+ years of experience with G-Suite, Slack Grid, BOX, Azure, Atlassian Cloud, BetterCloud, MDM, or IDP.
- Experience providing amazing services and operating enterprise environments at scale.
- Passion and understanding of relationship building between technology and your customer in a scaled environment.
- Proficiency in Python, NodeJS, Shell scripting, and experience working with REST APIs.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.