Senior Video Producer
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Los Angeles, United States
Square's Video team partners with both internal creative/marketing teams and external agencies and production partners to produce everything from emotional brand work to functional tutorial videos. As our Sr. Producer, you will contribute to delivery of high-quality video work from concept to execution using your experience in multiple production techniques across broadcast and digital channels. On our team, we focus not just on the quality of the creative we produce but the effectiveness with which we produce it; as a member, you directly inform development and improvement efforts to the way we work. You will report to the Video Lead.
- Manage and deliver quality video content on time, on budget, on brief, and on brand
- Work with the Video Lead assessing and scoping inbound projects
- Determine and scope project resource requirements and engage vendors
- Evaluate, solicit bids from, and negotiate with vendors
- Direct production workflow through pre-production meetings, casting, shooting, recording, editing, music, color correction, and final stakeholder approval
- Provide expertise in reviews, ensuring best practices are applied during all phases of production
- QC all final deliverables before delivery to minimize project risks
- Support the Video Lead on annual planning production funding inputs and reviews
- Recommend and support new or improved departmental/workflow procedures
- Track deliverables, tasks, hours worked, and overall timelines while evaluating risks and developing contingency plans along the way
- Break down production approach options and related costs for stakeholders and creatives alike to help optimize budgets both leading up to and during production
- Consult with Creatives, Program Management, Marketing, and Ops from strategy launch through to delivery of final assets
- 8+ years experience in commercial agency and/or video production
- Knowledge of pre-production, production, and post-production workflows in several delivery formats
- Experience managing the development and execution of projects alongside production partners and creative agencies
- Basic knowledge of non-union best practices and SAG, AICP, and AICE guidelines
- Experience scoping work early in the creative process to guide prioritization
- Experience evaluating and presenting production creatives (directors, editors, etc.) to creative directors and their teams
- Current knowledge of industry prices, trends, and vendor capabilities
- 2+ years of people management experience a bonus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.