Product Manager, Payment Product Growth
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Square's mission is economic empowerment, and millions of merchants use us for their businesses every day. The Square Payments team manages Square's flagship payments product. Our customers love us because we made it possible for any seller to take a credit card payment quickly and easily. Our team loves working on Payments because our product is Square's first touchpoint with most of our sellers, and our business' strong economics help fuel the broader Square ecosystem. We are stewards of Square's largest and most mature product, and while we have already helped millions of sellers take their first payment with Square, new businesses form every day. These sellers have evolving needs and expectations, and it is our job to understand who they are and how we can best help them. We do this through partnership with many other teams including those who build the hardware, maintain Square's payments infrastructure, and protect our sellers from fraud.
We are looking for a Product Manager to oversee all of our growth efforts as part of this core Payments team. As a PM for this team, you will define the product strategy and roadmap, coordinate and execute core payment projects, and optimize our customers' journeys through all stages of the funnel. Our approach is both customer-focused and data-driven. So you will need to dig in to deeply understand our customers and their needs, define and analyze experiments, and guide the team to move fast and ship solutions.
In this role, you will also work with designers, engineers, analysts, marketers, and other team members within the organization to ensure that our product reaches customers and provides a remarkable, delightful experience. Your job will include identifying growth levers for the product, building new experiences where needed, and iterating and taking risks to drive long-term success. If you’re looking to impact the growth and direction of the largest business within Square, you will find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding.
- Build the growth backlog, experimentation process, and strategic vision
- Define key objectives and ensure success is measurable and can be improved upon
- Hypothesize, build, measure and learn; and leverage insights to inform product direction
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Square to align intent, resources, and prioritization
- Operate cross-functionally and build partnerships across the company in delivering excellent products
- Foster an environment that enables the team to execute quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality
- Manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning, execution and launch
- 5+ years of experience in product management, with products across multiple platforms and countries
- Collaborative: you will work with partners across the entire company to achieve strategic results
- Customer-centric: you have customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Analytical: you are comfortable with using quantitative data and insights to make product decisions
- Execution-oriented: you have the execution skills for a developing environment (bonus points if you've worked in FinTech!)
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.