Senior Product Manager, Controllership
- Atlanta, GA
- Employees can work remotely
As a Product Manager for our Controllership organization, you will create a strategy that enables a simple and delightful experience for the Controllership group as primary partners. Data is at the heart of everything we do at Square. And for our Controllership team, accurate and reliable accounting data forms the foundation. As the product manager, you will focus on solving Controllership problems using existing tools/technology or building new products in partnership with engineering teams, at an industry-leading scale and complexity.
We expect the Product Manager to have excellent knowledge of financial Business systems. You will work with and learn from a phenomenal team of business Analysts, product, engineering, data scientists, and business leaders.
- Experience building and launching finance business systems and platforms at scale, with primary focus on Controllership
- Collect requirements from Finance partners and line of business heads
- Understand the existing accounting business process, benchmark those against industry standards and help define the measurable/meaningful KPIs
- Develop a vision and road map, plan deliverables, design and launch products
- Organize conversations around new ideas, potential solutions to solve complex problems with executives, other product and controllership teams
- Evangelize products within Controllership organizations including Business Analysts, Accountants, Revenue managers, and leadership
- Monitor launched products and use data for product refinement
- Collaborate to solve novel problems introduced by the ever-changing and increasingly challenging finance and accounting ecosystem
- Be or become an expert in Finance and Controllership technologies including important vendors in the space, pros and cons of competing approaches (both 1st and 3rd path), and trade-offs involved with build vs buy
- 4+ years of experience working with Accounting and Controllership stakeholders
- Tech Bachelor's degree with some Finance background
- 8+ years of experience in any of the following technical fields - Enterprise Finance Products, SaaS applications
- 4+ years of experience in Product Management
- An experimental mindset that uses data and metrics to backup assumptions and support decision-making.
- Experience testing clear hypotheses, and prepare solutions without well-defined directions.
- Experience building trust with customers, internal partners/team members and executives.
- Experience presenting ideas and solutions (PRFAQs, PRDs, QBRs ) to a variety of audiences, including executives, engineers, our teams and the entire company
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.