- Chicago, IL
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Austin, United States
We are hiring a Technical Sourcer to identify and assess talent for our Engineering teams. Technical Sourcers work with our Recruiters and Hiring Managers to develop strategies to locate and attract candidates to Square. We encourage practical and creative ways to find candidates through multiple channels including outbound messaging, referrals, and applicants. Our Talent team is passionate about candidate experience and this usually begins with Sourcers. We’re looking for a Sourcer who enjoys building connections, solving problems, and has extensive experience curating an Engineering pipeline.
- Partner with Recruiters and Hiring Managers to comprehend technical requirements of the role, the scope, and the team
- Proactively build talent pipelines through outreach, referral generation, events, and sourcing campaigns
- Locate and engage passive candidates through the use of LinkedIn Recruiter, Boolean search, and creative search techniques
- Review resumes and conduct phone interviews to determine fundamental fit
- Maintain and track pipeline activity to share with Engineering Hiring Managers and Recruiters
- Recommend creative and results-oriented ideas to potentially impact pipeline
- 2+ years technical sourcing or recruiting experience with an agency or in-house recruiting team
- An ability to determine general fit for Engineering teams based on required and desired qualifications
- Experience using an Applicant Tracking System to maintain candidate pipeline
- Developed and maintained multiple strategies resulting in the engagement of passive technical candidates
- Experience advising Recruiters and Hiring Managers on activity and strategy to fill assigned roles using data
- Technical industry knowledge and general comprehension of relevant technical skills, relevant companies, engineering communities, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, sense of team, and a desire to learn
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.