Technical Compliance Lead, TIDAL
- Oslo, Norway
TIDAL is a global music and entertainment streaming platform committed to creating a deeper connection between artists and fans through its library of more than 70 million songs, over 250,000 high quality videos, and available in over 60 countries. In addition, TIDAL offers its subscribers exclusive access to high-profile music and music videos, original content series, podcasts, documentaries, livestream concerts, tickets, merchandise and live experiences. Together, TIDAL and Square will be music-obsessed and artist-focused while we explore new artist tools, listener experiences, and access to financial systems that help artists be successful.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaging individual to oversee and lead compliance development efforts. Someone who will be a bridge between technical development and legal department to ensure technical development and data handling is according to international data compliance regulations.
As a compliance lead you will:
- Lead implementation of compliance management initiatives in accordance with Data Protection policies and codes of practice by collaborating with the technical teams and ensuring continuous improvement and enhancement of our control environment.
- Build and evaluate the existing data protection framework and identify areas of non or partial compliance and rectify any issues
- Build a robust surveillance over substantial amount of data and infrastructure that can help mitigate reputational risks, and Analyze data to identify anomalies and risk mitigation actions
- Work closely with our legal team, translating compliance and legislature language into action points and bridge the gap between legal and tech teams in order to manage implementation.
- Provide expert advice and educate employee on important data compliance requirements
- Conduct Regular audits and assessments to ensure GDPR compliance
You have :
- Solid understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Familiarity with regulatory frameworks and how regulatory compliance, regulator agencies, internal and external audit works.
- Expertise in European data protection laws and practices including an in-depth understanding of the GDPR
- Strong project management skills
- A good understanding of agile software development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development Resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.