Partnerships Marketing Manager - Gaming, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
We’re looking for a proactive, strategic, and driven person to join Cash App’s marketing and brand team as our newest Marketing Manager. This is an opportunity to have a direct impact on the team that defines Cash App’s brand through inventive marketing programs and initiatives. This individual would work alongside our growing team to support the development and execution of strategic partnerships that drive both awareness and cachet for our increasingly mainstream brand. They will also oversee the day-to-day management of specific channels, delivering best in class marketing programs and content for new and existing customers.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, gaming expert capable of delivering breakthrough concepts in support of strategic marketing initiatives and is well-versed in negotiating. The person in this role will have a major impact on Cash App's credibility, boosting our brand image, driving brand intrigue, and assisting in personalizing our brand impact.
- Help bring the Cash App brand to life in new, creative and inventive ways on some of Cash App’s primary channels as well as those of select partners
- Develop new content ideas, strategies, and campaigns to grow and engage on gaming platforms
- Own the day to day management of our social gaming channels
- Work closely with our Creative Team of designers and writers to ideate and shape content
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders across engineering, design, legal, finance, and product to build & deploy campaigns
- Track and measure the effectiveness of various campaigns and partnerships
- Build out a strategic content calendar for our gaming channel broadcasts
- Promote our brand presence and engage with a diverse set of channels and creators in the gaming industry
- Seek out and qualify partnership opportunities to add to Cash App’s roster
- Maximize existing relationships and manage activation deliverables with key partners
- Share weekly insights and key analysis with the broader marketing & brand team
- 5+ years of marketing, branding, creative strategy, or partnership experience (preferably in the gaming industry)
- A deep understanding of Internet user behavior, trends, and viral content
- Creative problem solving skills with a scrappy determination to do more with less
- Incredible attention to detail and organizational skills
- Formidable verbal and written communication skills with the ability to be persuasive, influential and affect change
- Appetite to thrive in a fast paced and highly matrixed organization and the ability to adapt to new situations quickly and think on your feet
- Ability to collaborate across multiple groups and understand the value of working as a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously that are deadline sensitive
- Excellent writing, communications, negotiation and analytical skills
- Self-starter, will take initiative with new projects with a willingness to make cold calls
- The ability to garner support from internal experts and external partners to position Cash App’s product against competition
- The ability to adapt to new situations quickly and think on your feet
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.