Software Engineer (Frontend), Square Appointments
- New York, NY, USA
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square Appointments helps service professionals manage their calendar on the go. With Square’s online scheduling software, customers can always get access to their availability and confirm their appointments online. Our software is the point of sale for the merchants and a tool for them to manage their time. As an engineer on Appointments, you will build products that are inspiring, meaningful and will change the economy we know today. You’ll work with our product, design and engineering team to bring these ideas to life!
Join us to tackle problems related to scheduling, payments, and distributed systems. You will create beautiful Calendar UIs that help merchants manage their time. We’re looking for a Front-End Engineer who is passionate about building applications to help our merchants simplify their business processes and daily work. You will build the front-end features to create outstanding experiences for our merchants and their customers.
- Guide the architecture of our front-end systems to ensure quick and stable feature development
- Work with other engineers, designers, and product managers to develop excellent product experiences
- Oversee the entirety of your features - that includes component design, implementation, automated testing, and roll-out
- Have the option to be involved in the product development life cycle right from user interviews, design sprints, and problem alignment in close collaboration with designers
- Hold yourself, and your teammates accountable to the standards of engineering that enable Square to safely move billions of dollars in payments and allow our customers to trust us with their sensitive data
- 5+ years professional experience and Bachelors in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Natural curiosity and desire to build products that merchants depend on
- Desire to solve hard and engaging engineering problems
- An understanding of how the web works with experience developing applications
Technologies we use:
- Test frameworks (e.g. QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.