Technical Program Manager, IT
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM) focused on Information Technology Infrastructure, you'll use your technical expertise to lead complex, versatile programs that affect the entire company. From internal software applications to hybrid cloud scalability, you will help accelerate delivery of technical programs at scale by guiding teams, making data-driven decisions, managing risks, and communicating with executives and partners. TPMs at Square are masters at managing multiple programs at the same time, you are equally comfortable in a roomful of executives as you are with hashing out complex technical project details.
- Manage technology programs, gathering requirements, defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation and successful delivery
- Exercise technical judgement in working with large, cross-functional teams
- Develop tools and processes to simplify execution and improve IT engineering productivity
- Highlight risks and communicate those risks to partners
- Identify blockers and promote the removal of those blockers
- Manage communication of progress/status with executives and other project partners
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of experience in any of the following technical fields - cloud computing, virtualization and global infrastructure, networking, security, software development
- 6+ years of experience in technical program management of large scale cross-functional engineering efforts
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with technical and non-technical, cross-functional groups
- An ability to distill complex issues into solvable and actionable tasks
- A passion for pushing boundaries and questioning the status quo
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.