Finance and Strategy Senior Analyst - Foundational
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
The Finance & Strategy Senior Analyst, reporting to a Finance & Strategy Director, will work as a member of Square's Foundational Finance & Strategy team. You will support and partner with Square's Foundational (G&A) functions, specifically People (HR) and Counsel (Legal) teams. You will also work with other Finance & Strategy team member. As a member of the Finance & Strategy team, you will directly influence elements of Square's operational execution and financial forecasting. You will also help provide important insights to inform decisions and execution regarding Square's investments across the People and Counsel functions. This position can sit in any of Square's US offices or be remote from any US state with the exception of Alaska.
- Support Square's strategy, with a focus on building the foundations for scalable, enterprise-level operating efficiency
- Partner with important decision makers across Square and within the People and Counsel teams to improve financial planning processes and the implementation of important team programs
- Maintain operating expense budget and processes to ensure investment allocation and resources are inline with Square's strategic priorities
- Develop metrics to track team-specific and company-wide trends, identify opportunities, recommendations, and collaborate across all levels
- Prepare analysis and support communications with board members and executive staff
- Build trust through insights
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience with financial modeling (e.g. corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, consulting)
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- Experience with Excel (can perform complex functions); there will be a case study.
- Experience with the payments industry and a commitment to Square's mission
- Experience with Hyperion / SQL / Tableau / Looker is a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.