Site Reliability Engineer, TIDAL
- Oslo, Norway
TIDAL is a global music and entertainment streaming platform committed to creating a deeper connection between artists and fans through its library of more than 70 million songs, over 250,000 high quality videos, and available in over 60 countries. In addition, TIDAL offers its subscribers exclusive access to high-profile music and music videos, original content series, podcasts, documentaries, livestream concerts, tickets, merchandise and live experiences. Together, TIDAL and Square will be music-obsessed and artist-focused while we explore new artist tools, listener experiences, and access to financial systems that help artists be successful.
TIDAL keeps growing at an exceptional pace, and we're looking for more experienced people to join us. Working out of our HQ in Oslo, you'll be part of a central team working in a quick-paced and quality-conscious environment , with a primary focus on managing and scaling our global AWS infrastructure and CDN network. You will also help architect new services for performance and security, and recommend improvements to existing services.
As an SRE at TIDAL, you'll:
- Help teams with our sizable AWS infrastructure
- R&D new technologies & processes to improve our platform (Service Discovery, Infrastructure-as-Code, Canary Deployments)
- Implement Terraform modules and providers as part of our delivery framework
- Optimize our build and deployment pipelines
- Manage our dev-internal tools including ELK, Spinnaker, Jenkins.
- Improve our Observability strategy
- Work on our security layer (WAF, Secrets, Threat Detection/Prevention)
This job might be for you if you:
- Have working experience (5+ years preferred)
- Have experience with Docker, cloud providers and CDNs
- Have a knowledge of performance and security practices for a web-based environment
- Are able to troubleshoot outages or performance issues in a large distributed environment
- Have an operational experience with Linux and PostgreSQL
- Have a software engineering background or proficiency in one of the following programming languages: Java, Python or Go
- Are fluent in English, our working language (Nordic language skills are not required)
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development Resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.