Software Engineer, Retail (Full Stack)
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Toronto, Canada
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Retailers have struggled too long with clunky, outdated and disconnected tools. Even as mammoth Retail and e-commerce forces threaten smaller merchants, we are empowering those merchants with simple solutions to complex problems - like predictive analytics and fluid, omni-channel capabilities to meet customers wherever they are - to always make the sale.
As a Full Stack Engineer on the Retail Inventory team, you will build solutions that present elegant UI for complex problems, saving sellers time and reducing anxiety as they strive to manage and understand their inventory – logistics that are at the very heart of every retailer’s business. In doing so, you’ll regularly work with and learn from other engineers, our product manager, designer, and other cross-functional partners.
- Deliver highly impactful tools for Retail sellers to manage and understand their inventory
- Build, test, and ship end-to-end features in a large microservice architecture and sophisticated web applications
- Work across platforms to power remarkable frontend experiences with robust backend services and APIs
- Work with a world-class team of experienced and dedicated engineers and designers
- Support features in our web and mobile products by designing and building into Square platform services
- Deliver features to our growing base of subscribers, shipped at a rapid cadence
- 2+ years of full-stack development experience, including web applications, and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals
- Innate curiosity, and a desire to learn and teach
- Openness to continuing to grow your breadth and depth
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
- Unwavering commitment to customer experience and product quality
- An academic attitude towards software development practices
Technologies we use and teach:
- Go, Java, and Ruby on Rails
- gRPC, Protocol Buffers, and Microservice Architecture
- MySQL and Elasticsearch
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.