Growth Product Marketing Lead, Payments
- San Francisco, CA
The Payments Growth Marketing team drives scale in our payments processing volume by empowering sellers to discover, sign up for, and continue using Square. We do this by understanding our sellers' needs, and using those insights to directly define our product strategy and roadmap. We also determine product positioning and messaging, develop full-funnel growth strategies, and build acquisition campaigns to grow our business. Furthermore, we develop new product experiences to incite sellers to start and continue processing with Square. We work with multiple teams to ensure we build the right products and reach the right customers, with the right messages, through the right channels, at the right time.
We are looking for an experienced marketer leader to manage a small team of growth marketers to increase our overall seller base and payments processing volume. As a manager of Square's flagship product and largest seller base, you will guide and mentor the growth marketing team as they focus on a) understanding who our sellers are and their jobs to be done; b) driving impactful growth experimentation and optimizations across paid and organic channels informed by rich seller insights; and c) developing products that can help guide more sellers to adopt and use Square's payments products. You will report to the Global Product Marketing Lead for Payments.
- Develop the growth marketing vision for Square's Payment products in existing and future markets, with a focus on experimentation and optimization across our product and marketing experiences
- Understand our sellers through surveys, interviews, and product usage analyses to learn who they are, their pain points, how our products meet their needs, and what other alternatives exist in the market
- Identify new products and features to help guide seller adoption and use of payments
- Partner with Product Management, Design and Engineering to establish our growth strategy and influence the product roadmap
- Work with our Creative team to develop customized campaigns and creative assets for each target audience segment
- Measure marketing program performance and improve results through continuous testing
- Promote a lifecycle marketing strategy to engage and build relationships with existing sellers processing their payments on Square. This will include serving up value added content, celebrating milestone moments, incentives and rewards (gamification), and winback marketing (to reduce churn)
- Create and manage a referrals program that targets loyal sellers/ advocates who can help guide top of funnel acquisition
- A BA/BS degree; MBA a plus
- 8+ years of professional experience
- 4+ years working in a growth or marketing capacity
- Experience driving acquisition and retention strategy, and experimentation/ optimization
- Experience leading and coaching teams
- Strong quantitative ability as well as creativity
- Prior experience in fintech, payments, or financial services a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.