Design Program Manager, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
We are growing our Design Operations team at Cash App! The Design Program Manager (DPM) role will focus on scaling and supporting design processes + programs to ensure the design team is integrated and effective as we rapidly grow. As DPM, you will further amplify design at Cash App by driving strategic cross-functional initiatives/ programs and fostering an inclusive design community.
Reporting to the Head of Design Operations, this role will drive impact for our designers, writers and researchers by creating and implementing processes to support the day-to-day operations of the design team. You will partner closely with Cash App Design leadership + Design team members to innovate and build new solutions that allow us to scale effectively
- Partner closely with your Design Leadership + the team to define, scope and track complex program priorities, set resourcing needs + manage dependencies end-to-end
- Set and own the successful operating model for how Design, Research, Writing, PM + Eng partners work together within the program(s) you lead
- Lead teams and stakeholders through deadlines + deliverables; be the source of truth for status, clarity
- Facilitate and drive progress of the work based on larger product and design goals + objectives; establish efficient and effective engagement models within your program
- Drive clarity and transparency for your program’s work; track action items and plan work/ next steps within active timelines + roadmaps
- Proactively assess and de-escalate risks; work closely with Design Leadership to problem solve when larger needs arise
- Effectively communicate milestones + action items; be the source of truth for accurate timelines + updates
- Manage resources and budgets within your program(s); partner with Head of Design Operations to forecast total budgets and proactively resource for your program(s) needs
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with your primary stakeholders across Design, Writing, Research; as well as cross-functional peers in Marketing, PM, Eng + People Operations
- Within Design Operations function, share working frameworks + models of operating back with the team to drive larger org-wide adoption
- 5+ years experience in program management, project management and/or producing
- Deep passion for building + scaling Design organizations and communities
- Proficiency in project management + stakeholder management, especially user centered design processes + iterative development processes
- Knowledge of inner-workings of Product, Design and tech teams
- Experience working with design, creative and prototyping tooling
- Working knowledge of common project management tools (Notion, Airtable, G Suite, etc.)
- Effective, clear and proactive communication
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative in problem solving on multiple concurrent workstreams
- Not afraid to get hands dirty, dive right into the work (big or small), and bring calm to the chaos
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.