Social Media & Community Manager
- St. Louis, MO
- Employees can work remotely
Square's Content Marketing team supports the growth of the brand and the business by winning audiences of engaged and loyal independent business owners with our innovative use of channels and purposeful and authentic storytelling. At the front lines of that effort is our Social Media team, building emotional connections with current and future business owners, creating content that preserves Square's voice, and building awareness and brand affinity through storytelling and information sharing on a variety of channels, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and more.
Social media is where people today consume their news, get their stories, and have experiences — and Square is providing those moments for our sellers and community. Square is looking for a social media and community manager to join our US team and be part of that ongoing effort. You will become part of Square's voice on social media, elevating the brand and telling our story in a way that is meaningful and engaging.
- Build and manage social media content and creative as @Square on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, and other emerging channels.
- Source and engage with our sellers to tell powerful stories across all priority channels.
- Develop a flexible content calendar, working in partnership with partners to identify relevant opportunities.
- Work with Brand Design team to develop creative assets to support social posts.
- Work with Customer Support team to monitor issues and customer communication
- Monitor creative trends and culturally relevant moments to stay reactive and agile as our brand on social media.
- Work with Town Square editors to support content on applicable channels.
- Think outside the box and contribute ideas — what are we not doing that we should be?
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Experience in managing social channels and developing digital content for a brand
- A proven track record of building communities online
- The organization skills of a Self Starter™️
- An eye for detail, down to the last character, image crop, and line break.
- Experience in crisis communications on social media
- Lightweight design skills (not just cropping or editing images)
- An obvious love for not just social media, but for building community online too
- Passion for small businesses 💛
Your Application Should Include:
- Contact info
- Links to your social media
- Description of yourself in a single tweet
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.