Program Manager - Research Operations, Cash App
- New York, NY
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
It is an exciting time to join our growing Design Operations team at Cash App! We are actively building out Research Operations, a specialized unit within Design Operations that enables the Research team to scale with strength. The Program Manager, Research Operations role is the first role for Research Operations. This foundational role will focus on building and executing on key Research processes that drive impact for our researchers and deep insights from our customers.
Reporting to the Head of Design Operations, this role will create and own key recruiting, operating and tooling processes that unlock the day-to-day rhythm of the Research team. You will partner closely with the Head of Research and researchers to innovate and build new solutions that allow the team to produce high-quality research.
- Own and execute a successful operating model for how Research recruits all participants for key research focus areas
- Lead researchers and key stakeholders through deadlines + deliverables; be the source of truth for status and clarity of all programs within Research
- Escalate risks when plans shift, and proactively offer solutions to help the Research team solve any changes that arise
- Facilitate and drive progress of key research programs; provide clarity on goals and direction of the programs you own
- Establish effective and efficient engagement models with our peers in Design, PM, Writing, Eng + Marketing; own the communication + tracking of milestones, action items and deliverables for the programs you run
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with your primary stakeholders across Research, Design, Writing
- Act as primary point of contact and support for all onboarders to the Research team; run an effective and meaningful onboarding program for new team members
- Partner with Head of Research to proactively define quarterly and annual operations + tooling budget for the Research team
- Within the Design Operations function, share working frameworks + models of operating back with the team to drive larger org-wide learnings + adoption
- Proactively stay on top of Research industry trends + tooling; report back to Research team on learnings of next wave of tooling + methodologies in the industry
- 2-4+ years of experience in Research Operations, program management or similar field
- Proficiency in program and stakeholder management, especially user-centered design processes + iterative development processes; comfort working within project management tools such as Airtable, Notion, GSuite, etc.
- Working knowledge of key Research toolkits, including but not limited to: Lookback, UserTesting, Qualtrics, SendGrid; familiarity working with key design, creative and prototyping tooling
- Deep passion for building and running programs with customers at the forefront
- Effective, clear and proactive communicator
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative in problem solving on multiple, concurrent workstreams
- An enthusiasm for the combination of Operations + Research; you understand and foster the power of this combination of disciplines
- High EQ - you understand how to work and speak with all types of people; you approach program building with human centricity in mind, and you seek to understand different points of view first before jumping into solutions
- Not afraid to get hands dirty, dive right into the work (big or small), and bring calm to the chaos
- Flexibility in working hours to support customer programs that could occasionally fall on weekend/evening hours
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.