Technology Internal Auditor
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Square is seeking a Technology Internal Auditor. You will partner with the Technology Internal Audit team, and Business Process Internal Audit team in building our Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance program, risk-based operational audit plan, and supporting various regulatory compliance requirements.
You will have including the ability to work with leadership and employees on both the IT and Guidance (Finance and Accounting) teams., and the ability to successfully and are also essential success factors. You possess fin-tech experience, with a focus on end-to-end SOX Compliance. You will be asked to have a firm grasp of important technology processes and SOX methodologies (controls design, risk assessment, IT General Controls (ITGCs), Automated Controls (ITACs), etc.) and knowledge of process flow mapping, design and documentation of controls, and control testing. Additionally, you can effectively interact with Internal Audit's external partners (external auditors, outsourcing partners, control owners) who assist us with SOX testing.
- Document and understand essential IT and business processes identifying important risks and controls within the process.
- Build relationships with important process owners to facilitate walkthroughs, manage requests, advise action items, and test controls.
- You will report to Technology Internal Audit Lead.
- Collaborate with process owners, Technology Internal Audit Team and Business Internal Audit Team to finalize risk and control matrices and control procedures.
- Perform testing of controls (ITGCs, ITACs, and IPEs) on behalf of the Technology Internal Audit team (covering global responsibilities for SOX Technology compliance across multiple systems/environments).
- Proactively escalate deficiencies, delinquent requests, delays in work, and deviations in process understanding to Internal Audit Leads.
- Document workpapers based on Internal Audit's methodology and External Audit standards.
- Communicate control conclusions, both written and verbally, in an and concise manner.
- Build relationships with External Auditors and key co-sourcing partners to coordinate requests, facilitate meetings, and document gathering.
- Support the Internal Audit risk-based audit program from a testing perspective in an ad-hoc manner.
- 3+ years in roles with experience auditing IT and Engineer processes from an Internal Audit or public accounting perspective or from a Technology or a Fin-Tech industry.
- A BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related Technology field
- Detailed knowledge of auditing accounting systems, on-premises systems, hosted systems, and Engineer processes.
- Experience with SaaS and PaaS providers and the business and technology risk associated with these products.
- Experience working within a Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) program and other professional standards and frameworks including COBIT, NIST, SOC1/2, and risk based audits.
- Excellent oral and written,,, including understanding complex issues and communicating to appropriate parties.
- Experience working within projects or teams to solve complex technology and business problems.
- Professional Certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.).
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.