Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack), Buyer Programs
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Our team's mission is to help Square merchants grow their businesses by giving them the tools they need to know, support, engage, and acquire their customers. We offer a seamless and simple solution that saves our merchants time and provides a delightful experience to engage and reward their customers. You will report to the engineering manager on the Buyer Programs team, which is a add-on product team that owns both Loyalty and Gift Cards.
- Work with product managers, designers, and our teams to understand user needs
- Use your passion for building great software to develop meaningful customer-facing features that help our merchants connect with, engage and reward their customers
- Contribute to the technical design and direction for the team
- Write concise, elegant code and sensible tests
- Be given opportunities to stretch yourself by learning new technologies and working with engineers and other partners
- 6+ years of experience developing production software
- 3+ years in Back End / Application development in Java, Golang
- 2+ years in Front-end / Application development in Ember
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals and code organization best practices
- A sense of customer empathy and passion for the product direction
- A Computer Science or other technical degree
Bonus points if...
- You have an interest in the strategic / business aspect of building a successful product
- You have experience integrating with external APIs and providing APIs for third parties
- You have built systems that make use of complex job queues and offline processing
Technologies we use at Square:
- Java, Golang, Ruby / Rails, Protocol Buffers
- Ember.js, ES6, Sass
- Android, iOS/Cocoa
- MySQL, Redis
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.