Product Marketing Manager, Retail - Bilingual
- Dublin, Ireland
We are hiring a bilingual Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to lead the European expansion and growth of Square for Retail, a purpose-built Point of Sale solution for retail business owners. You will be the product expert in Europe, responsible for defining and optimising the experience for European sellers, and leading the go-to-market strategy, including pricing, packaging and positioning development. This position is based out of Ireland.
In this new role, you will also help build the Square for Retail business in Europe by leading growth initiatives and future product launches. In doing so, you will partner with product management, design, research, analytics, product marketing, and local marketing teams. This includes understanding each country's small business landscape, tracking market conditions affecting product acquisition and usage, understanding customer segments and the competitive environment, gathering product and customer insights, and feeding those insights and requirements back into the product roadmap. It is the PMM's job to ensure we build the right product to meet the needs of our customers, partner with our sales and marketing teams to deliver the right messaging through the right channels, and collect and leverage customer feedback, insights and data analysis to improve our offering in-market.
You will report to the Global Product Marketing Lead for Square for Retail, based in San Francisco, California, and become the first EU-based PMM on this team working from Ireland.
- Lead the go-to-market plan and ongoing marketing strategy
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns
- Develop data-driven lifecycle marketing and cross-sell strategies to promote product growth and retention
- Ensure product releases are launched with appropriate localisation and messaging for each market
- Ensure all customer-facing teams are on-message and maximising each channel (paid and organic)
- Be the liaison between the product team and international Sales/Marketing/Customer Success teams to gather feedback and collaborate on local marketing opportunities and partnerships
- Identify target customers, their needs, and how products will meet those needs through surveys, interviews, and product usage
- Look for opportunities to develop marketing campaigns and projects unique to a specific market
- Partner with U.S Product Marketing Managers to inform pricing and packaging strategies
- Be the voice of the European customer and partner with Product Management, Design and Engineering to define the international product strategy and influence the product roadmap
- Track marketing program performance and optimise through continuous testing
- Assess competitive offerings and promote ongoing differentiation
- Mid-senior level product marketing experience (5-8 years +) or proven track record of being solely responsible for a product portfolio across a region and launching new products to market
- Fluency in a second European language
- Background in B2B marketing, with experience delivering growth in consumer tech or small to medium business tech
- Experience working in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar go-to-market positions, working across European markets
- Experience in growth or lifecycle marketing by email, in-product, content marketing, and other owned/ earned channels
- Passion for Square and desire to help Square Sellers in Europe succeed
- Experience in driving work forward independently
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.