Senior Software Engineer - Identity, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
Cash App is an increasingly complex ecosystem of financial products. The Identity team's mission is to create a customer identity framework that can help support Cash App's growth, while maintaining high levels of customer trust. We work with some of our customers' most sensitive data, and we take privacy and security seriously. As a server engineer on the Identity team, you will work on systems that allow our customers to gain access to the global financial system. The contributions you make on this team will be used by millions of people globally.
As a member of the Cash App Identity team, you will:
- Design, Build and Support the core systems used to manage identity on Cash App
- Break existing monoliths into microservices driven by events
- Be involved in defining and implementing an expanding roadmap
- Build and design an identity platform that is scalable, secure, and elegant
- Creatively solve challenging technical problems at scale
- 8+ years working on complex systems and delivering quality software
- Well-developed curiosity and enjoy building creative solutions to complex problems
- Worked on systems where data consistency and availability is required
- Taken technical initiative on previous projects
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java 11 including JUnit, Hibernate, Guice, and Jersey
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- Amazon Web Services
- Event driven architecture
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.